Facebook has become the most popular social network. You can post your status with videos and photos to Facebook, share and communicate with your friends. While if you want to upload videos to Facebook, you need to consider about the Facebook video formats. Facebook only support limited video formats, so you can't upload your video incompatible with Facebook. Here we will share all tips about video formats for Facebook and how to upload videos to Facebook.
Part1. How to Download and Convert Videos for Facebook
If you want to download videos for Facebook without hassle, iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac (or iSkysoft iTube Studio for Windows) is your best choice. With this Facebook video downloader program, you can download videos from any source and convert the video to Facebook supported format, which makes you easily upload videos to Facebook.
Why Choose This Facebook Video Downloader:
- You can download videos from 10,000+ video sharing websites including Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo etc. with one single click.
- You can also use smart tool to convert videos to Facebook and any video and audio format or transfer the videos to fit for a variety of mobile devices.
- The built-in media player lets you enjoy the downloaded videos with multiple playback modes.
- The task scheduler lets you set up auto shutdown for your computer when the download is concluded.
Steps to download and convert video to Facebook
Step 1. Launch the Facebook video downloader
First download and install the downloader on your computer. And then run the program in background.
Step 2. Download videos in 1 click
Now go to any video-sharing site that contains the video you want. When you open the video, you will see a "Download" button on the video window. Simply click the button to download the video.
Step 3. Convert video to Facebook video format
To upload the video to Facebbok, you should convert the video to Facebook compatible format. To do this, first add the downloaded videos to the "Convert" menu. Just open the "Download" menu and click the "Downloaded" tab to select the videos and click "Add to Convert List" to import the videos to the "Convert" menu.
Now open the "Convert" menu and click the "Convert" button to open the output format window. Now click the "Web Video" tab and select Facebook to convert the video. After that, you can upload video to Facebook.
Part 2. Facebook Video Formats
The Facebook supported video formats are:
- Mobile Video (*.3g2, *.3gp, *.3gpp)
- Windows Media Video (*.asf)
- AVI Video (*.avi)
- Flash Video (*.flv)
- MPEG Video (*.mpeg, *.mpe. *.mpg)
- MPEG-4 Video (*.m4v, *.mp4, *.mpeg4)
- Matroska Format (*.mkv)
- QuickTime Movie (*.mov, *.qt)
- Nullsoft Video (*.nsv)
- Ogg Format (*.ogm)
- DVD Video (*.vob)
- Windows Media Video (*.wmv)